Recently the Zim Smith Trail Extension North to Ballston Spa opened.
My wife and I decided to park a car in Ballston Spa, then drive our 2nd one to Shenantaha Creek Park and walk to Ballston Spa (approximately 4 mile walk). We decided against a round trip of eight miles. The trip is fine, until High Street. This is a fairly heavy traveled street, with some portions without a sidewalk.
Ballston Spa is a pretty interesting place. It's the birthplace of Abner Doubleday, and the Paper Bag. A hundred and eight years ago it rivaled Saratoga Springs as a resort. It is also the home to two museums.
- Saratoga County Trails Initiative
- Zim Smith Trail Map
- Town of Malta - Shenantaha Creek Park
- Town of Malta - Park Packet
- Ballston Spa
- Wikipedia - Ballston Spa
- Wikipedia - Abner Doubleday
- Brookside - Saratoga County Historical Museum
- National Bottle Museum