Oakwood is one of my favorite walks. It is difficult to find a place to walk in the winter. Unshoveled sidewalks can force you into busy streets. On rural roads, ice patches and high speed cars can be deadly to walkers. While Oakwood isn't perfect, the roads are relativity clear. And most vehicles observe the lower posted speeds.
In the winter I avoid the loop to 114th street and the Uncle Sam Bike Path. However, there are plenty of other interesting routes.
I included some interior photos of the Earl Gardner Crematorium and it's Tiffany Windows.
- Oakwood Cemetery Association
- Oakwood Cemetery - Wikipedia
- Tiffany Glass - Wikipedia
- Historic Marker - Panoramic View from Oakwood
- Earl Gardner Crematorium - 1892 (Page 92)
- Map My Walk Link